Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lie to me.

Current t-shirt:
Narwhale, "Stay Alive in 2005," from this great t-shirt outfit in Baltimore called Squidfire. (I'll wear it later in the day, once I've done this interview thing with this arts group called Chashama.)

http://www.squidfire.com/

Current Music:
Tilly and the Wall, esp. the song "Nights of the Living Dead,"

Let's get wild, wild, let's rejoice
Come one, come on
I want to hear that fucking noise…

God, put down your gun, can't you see we're dead?
God, put down your hand, we're not listening…
I want to fuck it up. I want to fuck it up…
And I feel so alive, and I feel so alive, and I feeeelll...

(See Daytrotter for free - yeah that's right, free and legal - downloads:
http://www.daytrotter.com/daytrotterSessions/624/free-songs-tilly-and-the-wall)

Found a sweet delight. Evil, Inc. also exists as books. I'd love to pitch them for review somewhere, really love to. Unfortunately, the creator can't give me a publishing date for the next trade paperback.

Review pitches are structured around the pub date.

No pub date, no review in standard review outlets. Simple as that.

***

Let's say you have a great little comic, and you aren't sure when it's coming out, but think probably the fall. Thing to do is make up a pub date - pull it out of your, um, nether regions.

Yes, try to keep to it, but in other words:

Lie to me.

Consider it like all those un-evil white things in the world: elephants, handkerchiefs, albino pumpkins, and oh yeah, those little fibs you tell when your girlfriend asks if her jeans make her butt look big. White lies. Those.

And if the pub date has to change, tell people it slipped, and pull out another one.


Love and George Orwell,
The Red Pooka!!

2 comments:

Brad said...

Volume Two comes out Oct. 31.

And your butt does *not* look big in those jeans. :)

Brad said...

...Actually, Volumes One and Two are already *out*. You can buy Volume Two on Amazon and on Lulu and, since I self-publish, I can handle orders for either.

But I will be offering Vol. Two through Diamond by Oct. 31.

Promise. :)