Saturday, July 21, 2007

To-do list

New batteries for CO2 alarm. My landlord broke city laws and put it in three months late.

Laundry.

Empty post box. (Haven't been in a few days. Expecting an avalanche.)

Transcribe tape from Chashama.

I sent one of the tapes off to my boss's transcriber. It was a group tape where everyone introduced themselves. The tape came back, and the reviewer failed to distinguish between the different people talking. It was all:

Interviewer...

Female voice...

Male voice..

Luckily, I made a transcript beforehand, but if I have to go from the professional transcript, I won't be able to quote.

I'm a little miffed. Am considering buying a tape-dubber, so I can make copies. Also looking into a way to record phone conversations directly onto my computer for phone interviews. But these problems with the transcriber have me rattled. My tapes are precious. I don't like surrendering them without backup. And suddenly, just to feel safe, I'm looking at a $300+ dollar system.

Love and wretchedness,
The Red Pooka!

No comments: