Monday, October 1, 2007

Panelling the walls...

The panel went well. My power is in my voice - I can purr with it. Sound reasonable. Simply have to remember to. Like my magic weapon, or something.

But the panelists were all good at what they do and reasonable. Young, too, so they didn't need wrangling so much as being made to feel safe. Some tremendous talent, though. Yali Lin - I fear she's so good and such a speed demon, publishers may work her to death. Nikki Cook is frighteningly smart, and Miss Lasko-Gross gets to the gravy of how fucked up with psychology was the 20th century.

No one I knew made it, but the house was full. I'm not a big name, but the series is getting a bit of notoriety. Maybe I'll be a name eventually. Maybe I'll get that column with the LAT.

Maybe I'll change my name to Hepzibah. My mom almost named me Hepzibah. Hepzibah the pooka.

Love and good woodworking,
The Red Pooka!

1 comment:

Day Al-Mohamed / Day in Washington said...

Hmmm...well you know people aren't likely to forget. :) Although Hepzibah is a bit of a mouthful. What would people call you for short? Hep? Zibah? Bah! Would your rapper name be Hep-Z?

-day
www.DayInWashington.com