Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day of quiet

Current t-shirt: green with tentacles
Current music: Sleep Station "After the War"

My internet went out yesterday. Time Warner sent someone out fairly quickly. They don't know why things go out. I believe that, had I suggested fairies or acts of God, the cable woman wouldn't have disagreed.

But it was so quiet. Mentally quiet. I got things done. I was aware of where I was. I went to bed that night and slept.

I think I'm going to restrict my time online to specific blocks. Some surfing, because I need to, but to do it in blocks. It's like something's picketing my mind, having the internet always at my fingertips.

Dean Young and Mary Jo Salter have books coming out. Dean Young's book is good, (January). I haven't seen the Mary Jo Salter yet (March).

NY Anime fest is this weekend. Anime overlaps with what I do, but I'm far from an expert. So I'll have to do some research, see what's up. The horrible thing is that, while I don't know anime as well as I should, I know conventions. Looking on the schedule, I see the usual suspects. I'll know how to talk to them. This knowledge feels like false knowledge. Something that lets you coast through the world without being real. It's not real, I'm not real. Ghosts all around.

Love n' silent spooks,

The Red Pooka!

No comments: